Saturday, March 9, 2013

March Madness | Fashion Edition 9: Paris Shoutouts

Isabel Marant, what a pleasant surprise. If you haven't noticed already, I'm a big fan of the wearable. I know that fashion is a type of art and it's ok for pieces to be really intricate and not really wearable. But that should be limited to the couture pieces. And even then, most of them should be red carpet worthy, but not too, too crazy.

Back to the topic:
    
I like those belt-like scarves....and the all white outfits.

I know Vivienne Westwood likes to go heavy on models' makeup during shows...but I think it puts the focus more on the face instead of the clothes. And the use of too many layers of clashing fabric reminds me of the way those Disney channel kids dress...

        

But I do like some of the looks:

   

Jean Paul Gaultier's clothes are a little too dark for me.

John Galliano's line, on the other hand, while on the dark side did have spots of color and were very flattering.

   

I love the ombre. And the way the designs are fitted for the most part. Also, the hats and the tweed. Almost British, in a way.

ChloƩ was plain and simple for the most part, but good clothes for work attire.

    

There were quite a few fitted sweater dresses that were formal and clean, but I decided to feature a few of their more unique pieces. The contrast of a plain navy sweater with animal print looks great. And then, the metal-like overlay on that dress. And the poofy, sheer skirt with an uneven hemline...

Alexander McQueen, OMG. Stunning, stunning, stunning. Such intricate detail and beauty. Basically, it was 5 looks and then a variation on each of those looks. I honestly loved them all, but I'll post my favorite of each variation here.


   

Louis Vuitton's collection this fall was contrasting. Thick jackets with thin lingerie type dresses underneath...or coats that look like robes.

   

Elie Saab had color in her collection, and it almost didn't seem fall/winter. Other than that, nothing really unique, though I did like quite a few of her pieces.

    

Finally, one of the last shows of the week: Balmain.

I think I just like metallic things. And big belts. I always liked that trend.

   

*All photos from Style.com



No comments:

Post a Comment