Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Junebook 25: Frightful's Mountain by Jean Craighead George

Let me start with a backstory first.

The first novel in this series is called My Side of the Mountain. The book is about how a boy named Sam Gribley moves out of New York City to live a simple wilderness lifestyle. He meets Frightful, a peregrine falcon who keeps as a "pet." I haven't read this book, so I don't know much about it, but as far as I have looked up, the gist of this novel is that Sam moves out to wilderness.

Frightful's Mountain is written in 3rd person limited omniscient, with Frightful's point of view. It's quite interesting to read a book from an animal's point of view. And this isn't some made up story where animals talk and such. It describes the way she feels, her instincts that she feels as a falcon, and the training she has undergone with Sam.

She goes through some adventures, mates, has some kids, and grows up. I love how it was written from such a unique point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment