Saturday, June 1, 2013

Junebook 1: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Welcome to Junebook! This month, I'm going to be featuring/reviewing a book a day. Perfect for all those who have to do some summer reading. If you haven't already read these books, go check them out and ENJOY reading this summer, not because you have to, but because you want to.

I'm going to start off by mentioning my absolute favorite book series ever, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. It is hard to pick a favorite, but I really admired the last book because of all the connections. It was just the little things, for example: how back in book 5 Sirius gave Harry that 2-way mirror that broke but Aberforth Dumbledore had a piece and was watching and helping out when he could. I loved the mini story from the Tales of Beetle the Bard. I loved how Harry didn't just kill Voldemort cliche-ly (is that even a word?), but how he had to die first.

Overall, the series was really well written. I know most people in the 10 - 30 year-old range have probably already read the book, but if you haven't, I highly recommend it, whatever your age. I think everyone can learn something from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment