Sunday, July 8, 2012

Benefit's Some Kind of Gorgeous Foundation

As with most Benefit products, this one has cute packaging as well. It's supposed to be an old timey record. I got a mini size of this with my Benefit Tan About Town set. It also came with a mini Badgal Lash which I reviewed in my last post and the Hoola bronzer.



Starting off with the positive: along with the nice packaging, this foundation feels really light on the skin but gives great coverage. I find it worked best when applied with my fingers. I tried using a brush and a sponge didn't really like the outcome.



I'm sad to say the good stops there. This product is a cream-to-powder foundation which I personally don't like because you have to blend it in really quickly or it leaves dry, uneven patches. It makes the product really hard to apply. Even when using fingers, it starts to dry out as soon as it touches the skin so when you apply it turns out to be more of a powder.


And the biggest issue I had with this foundation was that it made me break out very intensely. I didn't realize at the time that this was the cause of my breakout, because I was changing up my skincare routine. However, I stopped using this foundation for 2 months and then randomly decided to put it on again one day and my skin immediately starting breaking out.

If you have oily, acne-prone skin be cautious when trying out this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment